Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Home Instructions Before Oral Surgery
Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery with IV Sedation.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink for eight hours prior to the appointment. However, medicine and clear liquids you may have up to 3 hours prior to appointment time.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Won prior to your surgical date for instructions.
- Traffic can be heavy in Raleigh office in the morning appointments. Especially westbound Interstate 540. Please take extra time to get here.
- Elizabeth City office traffic isn’t usually heavy.
Contact POMS Oral Surgery
The first step towards a beautiful, healthy smile is to schedule an appointment. Our scheduling coordinator will contact you to confirm your appointment. If you are an existing patient, this contact form should not be used to communicate private health information.
Schedule an Appointment